Friday, August 26, 2011

Purple Kwek-Kwek


I believe that if I want to be a nutritionist, I should be more adventurous when it comes to food. So one fine day,I was craving for kwek-kwek or quail eggs. Instead of buying outside, why not make one? Since we don't have quail eggs at home, I used a medium sized chicken egg. All you need is some flour, water, salt, pepper, and food coloring. Since the only food coloring available in our house is purple, that's the one I used. And purple is my favorite color!


Here is the purple kwek-kwek with sauce.


A closer look. Sorry if it looks burnt. I just don't want the batter to be uncooked.


It's crispy in all fairness.


Another angle.


Sauce. I used calamansi, ketchup and soysauce.


For food lovers, don't be afraid to try new things or reinvent old foods. Always experiment!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I feel hungry by looking @ these photos. Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete